Satellite image annotations for key items recognition
Airbus in a few words
- Airbus SE is Europe number one and the World number two in the aerospace and defence industry.
- Founded in 1970, Airbus currently employs more than 130,000 people.
- Airbus Defence and Space (ADS) is one of the three divisions of Airbus Group, specializing in military aircraft, drones, missiles, space launchers and artificial satellites.
- The OneAtlas platform, which provides quick and easy access to quality satellite imagery, layers and analysis for a wide range of use cases.
Isahit in a nutshell:
- First ethical data labeling platform for AI and data processing in Europe
- 2000 projects with over 1700 HITers
- HITers established in over 39 countries
- 300+ satisfied customers
Airbus defense and space mission:
Democratize access to satellite imagery to help users solve the challenges of our world, such as:
- Defense and security
- Food supply
Today, artificial intelligence can automatically detect objects and changes between satellite images.
OneAtlas Data, the platform used by Airbus Defense and Space
One Atlas Data is a platform for quick and easy access to high-quality satellite imagery, layers and analysis for a wide range of use cases.
OneAtlas Data provides access to a combination of high and very high optical resolution with SPOT and Pleiades. Both offer daily revisit capability, ensuring efficient monitoring.
Use case example: Satellite imagery dataset for aircraft detection
This worldwide training dataset consists of more than 25.000 annotated aircrafts on 0.5m.
- Small aircrafts
- private jets
- regional commercial
- Large commercial
- Fighter jets
- Other military
Artificial Intelligence model trained on this will detect aircrafts on 0.5m resolution images with a performance of:
> 85% in detection rate
> 90% in precision rate
- Experts are not available and data scientists should not annotate all data
- Need for massive and consistent annotations in a short time
- Quality must be assured
To obtain massive and consistent annotations in a short time, Airbus chose crowdsourcing, which allows to outsource the workload to hundreds of remote contributors.
The solution: outsourcing with impact thanks to isahit
In order to meet these challenges, isahit appeared to be the most appropriate solution as it offers :
- More than 1000 active contributors in 39 different countries, able to respond to annotation needs in a short time
- A very demanding quality review:
Isahit implements a very strict project monitoring, throughout its realization, trains these contributors and implements tests upstream to ensure that a constant quality is maintained.
- Great agility and ability to adapt resources to changing needs
In addition, Airbus shares the same values as isahit and supports its mission: to make tech and AI a work and training opportunity for women around the world.
A DOUBLE VICTORY: TECH & SOCIAL
Two years into our collaboration, we are mutually excited to report the following:
- 500,000 annotations made by our contributors: Bounding boxe oriented / Bbox classic / Polygon
- On the flow project
- 55 HITers worked on the project (self confidence, money to finance their project, digital skills)
- 53h of training provided (specific labeling tools but also nlp projects, google sheet, google doc, linkedin)